Which one is right for your listing?
In real estate photography, Virtual Twilight and Real Twilight refer to two different techniques used to photograph the exterior of a property.
Real Twilight is a photograph of the property taken during the twilight hours, when the sun has set and the sky is transitioning from day to night. This type of photography is used to showcase the exterior of a property and its surrounding landscaping. It highlights the beauty and ambiance of the property in the evening light.
Virtual Twilight on the other hand, is created through post-processing techniques. An image taken during the day is edited to look like it was taken during twilight. This is done by replacing the sky and adjusting the colors, brightness and shadows to simulate the look of an actual twilight image.
Both real twilight and virtual twilight have their advantages and disadvantages. The choice between the two often comes down to personal preference, budget, and the desired end result.
What is the Benefit of Virtual and Real Twilight Photos?
Each type of twilight photography has benefits.
Real Twilight Photography:
- Provides a more natural and authentic look and feel to the image because it is a real photo taken during the twilight hours.
- Offers a more accurate representation of the property’s lighting conditions and atmosphere, particularly if the property is being marketed as a luxury or high-end property.
- Can highlight the property’s exterior and landscape in a more visually appealing way.
Virtual Twilight Photography:
- More cost-effective because it does not require a separate appointment with your photographer.
- More time-efficient because it does not require waiting for the twilight hours to take the photo.
- Offers more control over the final look and feel of the image because it can be edited to simulate a variety of lighting conditions and moods.
- Provides greater flexibility in terms of scheduling, as the photo can be taken during any time of day.
- Ideal for properties that are located in areas with limited natural light.
Is There a Downside to Virtual or Real Twilight photos?
Real Twilight Photography:
- Requires a separate photography appointment to capture the property during actual twilight.
- Requires planning and coordination to ensure that the photographer is on-site during the twilight hours.
- Can be more challenging to capture the right lighting conditions, as the photographer is working with the available light and cannot control it.
- May require additional equipment or lighting to enhance the final image, particularly if the property is located in an area with limited natural light.
- Virtual Twilight Photography:
- Can appear unnatural or fake if not done correctly.
- May not accurately represent the property’s exterior or surrounding landscape because the final image is created through post-processing techniques.
Both virtual twilight and real twilight have their own unique benefits and drawbacks. It’s important for the real estate agent to consider these before making a decision on which one to use. The choice will ultimately depend on budget and the specific requirements and goals of the real estate project.
Ready to have your listing photographed with Virtual or Real Twilight photos? Let’s chat!